"Their monthly newsletter Leadership Tips is a true education for leaders and managers at all levels."
Patricia Fripp, President, A Speaker for All Reasons;
Past President, National Speakers Association
We have written a monthly newsletter for the past 20 years. It is distributed by email to over 3000 subscribers. Each issue focuses on a current business topic, such as Online Team Building, Virtual Meeting Tips, and How to Listen Mindfully.
In this issue of Leadership Tips, we explore the value of knowing yourself, or self-awareness. It is the initial pillar of emotional intelligence.
Leadership Tips Archive
- Augment Training with Coaching and Mentoring
- Coaching Pays Off – Learn Some Easy Tips
- Developing Your 20/20 Vision in 2020
- Emotional Intelligence: Path to Leadership
- How to Create a Powerful Presence
- How to Motivate and Engage your Employees
- Illuminating Blind Spots to Improve Your Effectiveness
- Implementing Your Strategic Plan
- Keys to Retaining Your Top Talent
- Leadership Potential
- Let Presence Be Your Present
- Selecting Future Leaders
- Succession Planning: Better Bench Strength?
- The Fine Art of Delegation
- Who Needs Coaching?
- Asking for Feedback
- Brevity in Communication
- Communicate Frequently
- Giving Difficult Feedback
- How to Listen Mindfully
- The Give & Take of Effective Feedback. Part II
- Watch Your Language
- Align Your Online Communication for Success
- February 2021, It's Time for Appreciative Inquiry, a proven powerful, positive approach to managing, problem-solving and team-building
- Better Meetings = Better Results
- Business Writing Basics
- How to Write Business Reports Right: Tips Your English Teacher Never Told You
- How to Write Clearly and Concisely for the Best Results
- Listening Tips for Meetings
- Listening: The Secret to More Productive Meetings
- Making Meetings Worth Your Time
- Speaking Out Loud
- Tips and Tools for Meeting Management
- Write Effective Emails — Get the Response You Want
- Are you Credible? How to Make Honesty Your Policy
- Back to School
- Collaboration Meets Change Challenge
- DiSC-overy: The Gateway to Growth
- Engaging Your Team: From Complacent to Committed
- How to Keep Your Teams Engaged
- Multi-Generational Styles
- The Challenges and Opportunities of Diversity
- Trust is a Must
- January 2021, Energize and Engage with Online Teambuilding Activities.
“Marilyn and the Consulting Team are truly the best of the best. They focused our City Council for a productive goal setting session which yielded positive results. They provided practical tools to the Council and executive staff helping us stay on track, identify city goals and initiatives, and improve teamwork.”
Thomas C. Williams
City Manager, Millbrae, CA
“I’ve worked extensively with Marilyn and appreciate her keen insights, skills and sensitivities in all phases of organization development, team and individual coaching and staff training. I think highly of her, and she has my confidence.”
J. Logan, J.D.
General Manager, Los Altos Hills County Fire District
“The Consulting Team is very effective in working with diverse styles and dealing with opposite personalities in resolving differences. They have worked with our City Council and management team to provide awareness, leadership, direction and insight on working collaboratively. We appreciate the efforts they took in conducting 360 emotional intelligence evaluations and providing feedback to our managers. Thank you, Dr. Manning and the team!”